- Colin Banks
There is also a strong sense of narrative; these animals have a story to tell, of past adventures and uncertain futures. Colin is a committed conservationist and his concerns about endangered species, particularly tigers, add a frisson of empathy and authenticity to each piece.
Colin produces his pieces on aluminium panels. After laying down a white base coat, he works with a mixture of black and silver airbrush and spray paint to compose an abstract background and the darker shapes of his subject. Once this stage is completed he moves on to the finer details and highlights, for which he calls on a range of tools to engrave or incise on the painted surface, exposing the underlying white and creating the image in intaglio (relief).
Although Colin set up his studio comparatively recently, his ultra stylish and distinctive work has already made an impact across the UK. The power of the subject matter combined with the technical panache of his creative process means these pieces are uniquely arresting and make a powerful statement in any setting.
- Price £1,000.00 and above Remove This Item
- Boxed Canvas 6 item
- Glazed Box Canvas 10 item
- Hand Finished on Board 28 item
- Canvas On Board 1 item
- Resin Sculpture 7 item
- Giclee on Paper 5 item
- Cold Cast Porcelain Sculpture 4 item
- Paper on Board 2 item
- Silkscreen on Paper 1 item
- Embellished Canvas on Board 2 item
- Bronze Sculpture 9 item
- Original Oil Painting 9 item
- Boxed Canvas- Embellished 2 item
- Unique Edition 2 item
- Hand Finished on Canvas 5 item
- Giclee Print & Porcelain Sculpture 3 item
- Original Pastel 3 item